Thursday, November 28, 2013

Strip(s)... Resynthesized...


I recently started following a tumblr called Content Aware Typography. It features images manipulated by Photoshop using a tool called Content Aware Fill. I was really taken with these images & how they were changed so I decided to see if the image software I use GIMP, has a similar feature. Turns out GIMP has one called Resynthesizer which does the same thing. For GIMP users simply select filters>map>synthesize and click on the image. The above image of my latest strip is what resulted when I clicked it. It's my understanding that the resynthesizer is in most versions of GIMP, but if not you can download a plugin. I have a couple versions of GIMP & they both have it in the aforementioned filters>map>synthesize route. You can adjust it to do different things...

Something fun to play around with... I'll probably do a few of these from time to time...

GIMP for those who don't know is free, open source software every bit as good as photoshop, IMO...

No comments: